7 Best Mouthwashes for COVID-19 according to Evidence (2023)
The COVID-19 Omicron variants replicate to achieve high viral loads in the throat. Therefore, appropriate mouthwashes will likely reduce the viral load in the throat and thereby reducing the risk of severe disease due to the viral load in the lungs.
|Mouthwash is part of the FLCCC I-PREVENT Protocol|
Best Mouthwashes for COVID-19 according to evidence for 2023
1. Betadine (Povidone Iodine) Gargle - Mouthwash with 1% povidone iodine
- CONTAINS one 8 oz bottle (24 uses) of Betadine Antiseptic Sore Throat Gargle for the temporary relief of occasional sore throat
- TREAT AND RELIEVE SORE THROAT SYMPTOMS the moment you feel a sore throat coming on
- FAST ACTING GARGLE From Betadine, the brand that has been trusted by healthcare professionals for over 50 years.
- 0.5% POVIDONE-IODINE ANTISEPTIC GARGLE
- MINT FLAVOR, ALCOHOL FREE FORMULATION
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
2. Crest Pro Health Intense Mouthwash with CPC (Cetylpyridinium Chloride)
- Active Ingredient: Cetylpyridinium Chloride 0.05%.
- Inactive Ingredients Water, Alcohol (15 Wt%), Propylene Glycol, Flavor, Poloxamer 407, Sucralose, Benzoic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Blue 1, Yellow 6
- 99% Germ Kill with no medicinal taste
- Cooling sensation
- Keeps teeth clean longer
- Freshens breath
- Fights plaque & gingivitis
3. Colgate Peroxyl (Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthwash)
Instruction: Gargle twice a day or after having been out for prevention, and three times a day for early treatment of COVID-19.
- Active ingredient: Hydrogen peroxide 1.5%.
- #6 best seller in Amazon Best Seller Mouthwash category. Review rating 4.7 out of 5 with more than 17,000 reviews.
- Mouth rinses cleanses and promotes healing of minor oral wounds
- Helps promote healing of: oral sores, irritations, mouth burns
- Oxygenating action removes oral debris to facilitate healing
- Soothes minor gum inflammation from dental procedures, dentures and orthodontic appliances
- Antiseptic mouthwash, alcohol free formula
4. Scope Mouthwash
- Ingredients: Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC), Water, Alcohol (15 Wt%), Glycerin, Flavor, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Blue 1, Yellow 5
- Kills 99% of bad breath germs in lab tests
- Crest clean meets Scope freshness
- Cosmetic mouthwash
- Made in the USA with U.S. and imported ingredients
- Original Mint Flavor
5. Colgate Zero with CPC
- Active Ingredient: Cetylpyridinium Chloride
- Kills 99% of plaque germs
- 0% alcohol
- 0% dyes
- 0% artificial flavors
- 0% artificial sweeteners