12 Best Quercetin and Zinc Supplements of 2023
Therefore, quercetin and zinc in combination exerts a synergistic antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Zinc and quercetin are also part of the FLCCC I-MASK+ protocol for the prevention and early treatment of COVID-19.
What Is Quercetin?
While the best way to get quercetin is through your diet, it also is available in supplement form, as pills or capsules. Sometimes, quercetin in supplement form is packaged with bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapples, because both have anti-inflammatory properties (Quercetin & Bromelain for inflammation). Most dietary supplements contain a chemical compound, aglycone, which is the free form of quercetin.
When looking for and using quercetin supplements, it’s important to maintain a nutritious, balanced diet with fiber and healthy fats in it, as research shows that accumulation of quercetin in the body is dependent on “factors such as glucose moieties, solubility, human factor, vitamin C status and food matrix.”
Specifically, research also says that quercetin supplementation is best achieved when consumed with a fat-enriched diet.
There are foods high in quercetin that you can add to your diet. Arguably, red onions are some of the most potent sources of quercetin; one study found that absorption of onion-derived quercetin was 52% compared to only 24% in supplement form. In fact, onions can give you three times the amount of quercetin than you’d get from apples. Other food sources that are high in quercetin include:
- Organically grown apples, grapes and tomatoes
- Dark cherries and dark berries like blueberries, blackberries and bilberries (eaten in moderation)
- Cocoa, unsweetened
- Hot green chili peppers
Benefits of QuercetinQuercetin has been linked to the following health benefits:
- Possessing anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties that can help combat certain diseases. One study found that 500 mg of quercetin a day could improve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Helping prevent cancer cell growth from breast, colon, prostate, endometrial and lung.
- Counteracting allergic reactions and helping with immune responses.
- Helping to prevent osteoporosis
- Addressing cognitive decline, including Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Assisting in control of blood pressure. A study in 2002 found that quercetin can have vasodilator effects.
- Potentially helping to lower blood sugar levels. One study found that dosages of 500 mg per day “significantly reduced” fasting glucose levels.
There is evidence that vitamin C and quercetin co-administration exerts a synergistic antiviral action due to overlapping antiviral and immunomodulatory properties and the capacity of ascorbate to recycle quercetin, increasing its efficacy.
- Zinc 50mg 1 time a day for 7 days (PubMed)
- Quercetin 500mg 2 times a day for 7 days (PubMed)
- Vitamin C 1000mg 1 time a day for 7 days
- Vitamin D3 5000 IU 1 time a day for 7 days
- Zinc 25mg 1 time a day (PubMed)
- Vitamin D3 5000 iu 1 time a day (vdnmeta.com)
- Vitamin C 250 - 500 mg 1 time a day (PubMed)
- Quercetin 250 mg 1 time a day (J. Agric. Food Chem. 2014)
What is Zinc?
Zinc is a powerful immune nutrient known for its benefits for providing immune health support and inflammation reduction as well as for improving cold and respiratory symptoms, wound healing, acne reduction, and lowering the risk of age-related diseases. Research on atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus suggests that zinc deficiency may contribute to low-grade systemic inflammation.
Best Zinc and Quercetin Supplements of 2023
1. Sandhu's Zinc Quercetin 120 Vegetarian Capsules
- Supports immune system health
- 60 servings per bottle
- Supports cardiovascular health
Quercetin is a zinc ionophore. Meaning it transports zinc into the cells.
It is known that zinc will slow down the replication of coronavirus through inhibition of enzyme RNA dependent RNA polymerase (PubMed 2010). The COVID-19 virus is a single stranded RNA (RiboNucleicAcid) virus and requires the RNA polymerase to replicate.
Vitamin C and quercetin co-administration exerts a synergistic antiviral action due to overlapping antiviral and immunomodulatory properties and the capacity of ascorbate to recycle quercetin, increasing its efficacy.
- What is the Zelenko protocol? The Zelenko COVID-19 Protocol was developed by Dr Vladimir Zelenko. A retrospective study analyzing Dr Zelenko's patient data was accepted for publication in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents after a rigorous peer review process. The study finds that early intervention and treatment of high-risk patients with COVID-19 resulted in significantly fewer hospitalizations and deaths. The treatment consisting of zinc, low-dose hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), and azithromycin, is also referred to as "The Zelenko Protocol." Dr Zelenko has since updated his protocols to incorporate new evidence.
3. Mt Angel Vitamins Quercetin Zinc
OVERALL AID – Bolster your body AND mind! Quercetin with vitamin C and zinc are proven not only to provide immune support but also to improve metabolism, circulatory supporty, and cognitive clarity!
BREATHE & BOUND – Revive your vitality! By fostering cellular functioning, your zinc quercetin capsules’ antioxidants enhance respiratory health and energy levels so you can enjoy activities!
TAKE IT EASY – Support, meet simplicity. To enjoy extra defense, take 1 of your quercetin with bromelain and zinc capsules twice daily. Bursting with 300 capsules, your bottle lasts longer than most brands’.
Ratings: 4.7 out of 5 - more than 1000 global ratings
Reviews: My husband read the Swiss protocal for Covid 19 preventative and this has it all. So far so good no problems. No bad taste easy to swallow, our 12yr old son even has no problem.
4. Supplements Studio Quercetin with Bromelain-Zinc-Vitamin C-Ginger
- 3 MONTH SUPPLY OF HIGHEST QUALITY IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT COMPLEX - Quercetin 500 mg + 175 mg of Organic Whole Food Quercetin Blend(4 Organic Whole Food Quercetin source ingredients) + 15 mg of Zinc Picolinate + 200 mg of Bromelain from Pineapple + 100 mg of Organic Ginger Root + 125 mg of Vitamin C from Organic Acerola Cherries + 100 mg of Citrus Bioflavonoids from Organic Orange & Organic Lemon
5. Vitaraw Quercetin, Zinc, Bromelain, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3
Best Zinc Supplements of 2022
Are all zinc supplements the same? The zinc supplements in this
review are all manufactured by reputable companies that follow Good
Manufacturing Processes (GMP), use high quality ingredients, and
test for purity and quality.
Here are the best zinc supplements to help you meet your nutritional needs. As everyone has their own set of criteria, the best option for you might be different from another person.
6. Zinc Lozenges with Vitamin C - Healthy Immune Support Lozenges with 25mg of Zinc Supplement Per Lozenge + 30mg of Vitamin C
- Amazon's Choice for Zinc Lozenges.
- Nutritionally Supports a Healthy Immune System*
- Formulated with a perfect balance of 25 mg of Zinc, 30 mg of Vitamin C, 2mg of Vitamin B6, and a Proprietary Blend of Royal Jelly, White Willow Bark Ext., and Slippery Elm Bark Powder
- Almost TWICE the amount of zinc per lozenge of cold-EEZE zinc lozenges*
- Fruit Flavored to provide children zinc lozenges without a large amount of added sugars
- Internally tested and third party tested to ensure purity and potency so you get the highest quality vitamin
- Made in the USA in a FDA Registered & Inspected Facility, under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's)
7. NOW Foods Zinc Glycinate Softgels - Best Chelated
Price: From $11.49
While there are several chelated zinc supplements on the market, one of the best options is NOW Foods’ Zinc Glycinate softgels.
Each softgel contains 30 mg of zinc glycinate — a form of zinc that human and animal studies suggest may be better absorbed than other types of zinc. (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).
All NOW Foods supplements are certified by Underwriters Laboratories and follow GMP to ensure the quality and accuracy of their products. Additionally, these supplements tend to be more affordable than many other high quality brands.
8. Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Zinc - Best Vegan Option
While it’s not always obvious, some supplements can contain animal-derived ingredients, making the product unsuitable for vegans.
Some commonly used ingredients that aren’t vegan-friendly include digestive enzymes like lipase, caprylic acid from milk, gelatin, and magnesium stearate, which is often pork-derived.
Garden of Life is a whole-foods-based supplement brand with products that are certified organic and non-GMO verified.
Their Vitamin Code Raw Zinc is a good option for vegans, as it’s third-party tested to ensure the product is vegan, as well as gluten-free.
In addition to providing 30 mg of plant-based zinc, each serving also contains vitamin C, a raw organic fruit and vegetable blend, and live probiotics and enzymes to support healthy digestion.
It’s recommended that adults take one serving of 2 capsules per day with or without meals. For those who have difficulty swallowing pills, the capsules can also be opened to pour the contents into a glass of water or other beverage.
9. Nature's Bounty Zinc 50 mg Caplets
- This product is the #1 best seller under the zinc mineral supplements on Amazon Best Sellers and has more than 50,000 customer reviews on Amazon.
- One vegetarian-friendly caplet a day contributes to carbohydrate, protein, fat and energy metabolism, and helps promote wellness in key areas of reproductive health for men.*
- Plays a key role in the synthesis of testosterone.*
- *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
10. Nature's Bounty Immune 24 Hour + - Best Zinc Supplement for Seniors
- Softgels contain Zinc (15 mg per serving daily; 136% of daily value), Vitamin A, C, D3, B6, B12, Biotin, Folate, Panthotenic Acid, Magnesium, Echinacea, Elderberry, Astralagus.
- THE ONLY VITAMIN C WITH 24-HOUR IMMUNE SUPPORT: Nature's Bounty Immune 24 Hour + contains 1000mg of Ester-C, the only clinically studied Vitamin C with 24-hour immune support. Ester-C lasts up to 2x longer than regular Vitamin C
- PLUS VITAMIN D & ZINC, WITH ELDERBERRY AND ECHINACEA: Immune 24 Hour + provides Vitamin D, Vitamin A and Zinc for extra immune plus antioxidant support. Also contains Elderberry and Echinacea, plus 9 essential nutrients to help keep you healthy
- SUPPORTS UPPER RESPIRATORY HEALTH: Highly bioavailable Ester-C can increase Vitamin C levels in the body, which is important for white blood cell function, contributing to the health of the upper respiratory tract
- NON-GMO FORMULA: Nature's Bounty Immune 24 Hour + is Non-GMO and contains No artificial flavor or artificial sweeteners, no sugar, no starch, no milk, no lactose, no soy, no gluten, no wheat, no yeast, no fish, sodium free
- RAPID RELEASE SOFTGELS: For adults, Take 2 softgels daily, preferably with a meal.
Best Quercetin Supplements of 2022
11. Thorne Research Quercenase
BestReviews.com: Pricier than many similar products on the market
Ratings : 4.7 out of 5 - More than 1000 ratings
Post a Comment